- 2006 BPharm, Bachelor of Pharmacy, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- 2010 M.Phil Pharmacology, KNUST, Ghana
- 2015 PhD, Interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences (Cancer Biology) University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
- 2015-2016 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Medical Oncology, Dana Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA.
Dr. Alagpulinsa is currently working on two projects funded by the JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Trans-species study of the subcutaneous foreign body response to clinical grade alginate. This project is in collaboration Dr. Elliott Botvinick, University of California, Irvine
- Exploration of the use of a novel immune cell chemorepellent containing alginate microencapsulant to protect and support the function of human pluripotent stem cell derived beta cells in vivo. This project is in collaboration with Dr. Douglas Melton Harvard University