- 2006 BPharm, Bachelor of Pharmacy, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- 2010 M.Phil Pharmacology, KNUST, Ghana
- 2015 PhD, Interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences (Cancer Biology) University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
- 2015-2016 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Medical Oncology, Dana Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA.
Peer-reviewed Abstracts and Conference Presentations
- Alagpulinsa DA, Cao JJL, Driscoll RK, Sȋrbulescu RF, Penson MFE, Sremac M, Engquist EN, Brauns T, Melton DA and Poznansky MC. Immunoisolation and long-term function of human stem cell-derived β cells co-encapsulated in clinical grade alginate with CXCL12. (Under review: Science Translational Medicine).
- Alagpulinsa DA, Kumar S, Talluri S, Nanjappa P, Samur MK, Szalat R, Shammas MA and Munshi NC. Amplification and overexpression of the E2 ubiquitin conjugase UBE2T promotes homologous recombination and chemoresistance in multiple myeloma (In preparation).
- Alagpulinsa DA, Cao JJL, Sobell D and Poznansky MC. Harnessing CXCL12 to preserve pancreatic beta-cell mass and for replacement therapy (Review article in preparation).
- Alagpulinsa DA, Yaccoby S, Ayyadevera S and Shmookler Reis RJ. A cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, dinaciclib, impairs homologous recombination and sensitizes multiple myeloma cells to PARP inhibition. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 15, 241-250 (2016).
- Alagpulinsa DA, Yaccoby S, Ayyadevera S and Shmookler Reis RJ. A peptide nucleic acid targeting nuclear Rad51 sensitizes multiple myeloma cells to melphalan treatment. Cancer Biology and Therapy, 16, 976-986 (2015).
- Alagpulinsa DA, Ayyadevera S and Shmookler Reis RJ. A small-molecule inhibitor of RAD51 reduces homologous recombination and sensitizes multiple myeloma cells to doxorubicin. Frontiers in Oncology, 4, 289 (2014).
- Woode E, Alagpulinsa DA and Abotsi WKM. Anti-nociceptive, anxiolytic and anticonvulsant effects of an aqueous leaf extract of Leea guineensis G. Don (Family: Leeaceae). African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 5, 1132-1144 (2011).
- Shammas MA, Buon L, Kumar S, Samur SK, Alagpulinsa DA, Nanjappa P and Munshi NC. Flap structure-specific endonuclease 1 (FEN1) may be a key mediator of genome instability in myeloma: a cellular vulnerability with potential therapeutic significance. Blood, 126, 4440 (2016).
- Shammas MA, Buon L, Lin L, Samur MK, Patel JM, Vahia A, Nanjappa P, Kumar S, Bajwa A, Ahmad H, Alagpulinsa DA, Parmigiani G, Magrangeas F, Minvielle S, Ave-Loiseau H and Munshi NC. Nuclease activity is associated with genomic instability as well as survival in myeloma: underlying mechanisms and significance. Blood, 126, 2420 (2016).
- *Alagpulinsa DA, Ayyadevara S, Yaccoby S and Shmookler Reis RJ. Dinaciclib, a CDK inhibitor, impairs homologous recombination and sensitizes multiple myeloma cells to PARP inhibition. Blood, 124, 479-479 (2014).
*(Received American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award and selected for Oral presentation).
Dr. Alagpulinsa is currently working on two projects funded by the JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Trans-species study of the subcutaneous foreign body response to clinical grade alginate. This project is in collaboration Dr. Elliott Botvinick, University of California, Irvine
- Exploration of the use of a novel immune cell chemorepellent containing alginate microencapsulant to protect and support the function of human pluripotent stem cell derived beta cells in vivo. This project is in collaboration with Dr. Douglas Melton Harvard University