Summary of Candidates
VIC works with a wide range of technologies that include live cells, recombinant proteins, small molecules and devices. The Center is currently managing six different technologies at the preclinical stage of development:
- Small molecule drugs for immune therapy of solid tumors.
- Fusion protein for immunotherapy of mesothelin-expressing tumors;
- Islet cell implants that release human proteins to prevent immune rejection;
- Compact laser adjuvant to enhance immune response to vaccines;
- Cholera vaccine to provide long-term protection in children;
- T cell-based vaccine for Q fever that leverages a rapid development process;
In addition, VIC is nurturing seed projects in the areas of personalized vaccines and wound healing.