Research Technologist Position
A Research Technologist position is available at the Vaccine and Immunotherapy Center, Massachusetts General Hospital. The individual will work as part of a research team with other scientists on translational medical research associated with novel therapeutic approaches for type I diabetes. Responsibilities will involve therapeutic studies in established animal models of disease and application of immunologic tools to define key mechanisms of action. Projects will involve work with outside academic and industry collaborators.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently perform routine experimental procedures and cellular and molecular biology assays.
- Independently perform highly specialized immunology procedures and assays.
- Assist team in troubleshooting new assays and experimental procedures.
- Draft protocols for laboratory experimental procedures and assays as part of quality control activities.
- Assist team with initial analysis of data from assays and experiments.
- Draft scientific posters and abstracts for public presentation of research.
- Independently manage supply ordering and stocking procedure for laboratory.
Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to perform in vitro and in vivo experimental procedures independently.
- Ability to critically analyze data, devise new experimental protocols and troubleshoot existing procedures when errors arise.
- Strong team function skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer competency
- Able to critically read and evaluate the literature with an emphasis on immunology
Education and Experience
- BS or MS
- 3 years experience in conducting bench-based research in life sciences field. Experience in immunological laboratory a plus.
Please apply with letter of interest and include your resume and references